Friday 2 March 2012

Trends: Tie Dye

Lately I have been noticing some pieces with the Tie Dye technique or Batik (or what we used to did in summer camps when we were 9 years old with some paints and a washing machine).
I think it looks hippy (nothing against hippy looks, don´t misunderstand me), but it also looks cheap and it is very hard to combine.
Anyway, I decided to take a closer look and oh my god! It IS a trend! Can´t you believe it?? I couldn´t believe it either, but watch!!!:

Hace un tiempo que voy viendo cosillas teñidas (Tie Dye o Batik se llama la técnica) o lo que solíamos hacer en los campamentos con camisetas blancas, pinturas y una lavadora.  Ejem.
Me parece jipilongui (no tengo nada encontra de lo jipilongui) pero me parece barato y bastante difícil de combinar, sobre todo con otros estampados.
En fin, que decidí corroborar mi teoría y madre mia que me he encontrado! Es moda! ¿Os lo podeis creer? Yo no podía pero mirar esto!:



Monsoon maxi dress (actually I like this one, but I can´t picture myself like this in the middle of Rambla Catalunya if you know what I mean)


Catwalk from Mulberry A/W 2012 and Sarah Michelle Gellar in the Golden Globes 2012 


Trafaluc Campaign for SS 2012


 Pic from WeThePeople and photo by Moniquilla (these two are fine...)


Jeans by Zara and jeans by Mango

 Tie Dye Denim pieces from Mango (oh my...¬¬)



Tights and shorts by TopShop (¬¬ still)



Jeans by Topshop (¬¬ am I crazy? who is going to wear this?)



Mango look and Bershka look (all SS2012) (look at the hair!! haahahaha)


T-shirt and Shirt by Zara (I must say I like these ones)


Sooo what do you think now??? =)

Tomorrow is Friday (yeah!! little present)


No comments:

Post a Comment